Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Life . . . Nobody get's out alive . .

Life . . . Nobody get's out alive . .


No, I'm not a pessimist.  Them's just the facts.

John had some things come up in his world that took priority (in his mind) over getting further testing done.  He's supposed to get a fasting glucose test, an ultra sound and Hepatitis test.  He doesn't have to have a set appointment for that I guess, and he will probably be getting it done some time tomorrow or Monday.  It's a wait and see game I guess.  But according to him he's changed his diet significantly and has not had another low blood sugar type episode again . . . EXCEPT for last night.   He's also pretty proud to tell me that he's lost 4 lbs! Which is fantastic.

Me . . . still waiting. I've discovered that I HATE taking showers . . .
"Why?" you may ask.  Well for 2 reasons

1.  Cuz with each shower I am losing a handful of hair, and it's making me crazy.  I try to brush through it very carefully, but it just keeps coming out.  ARGH!  I am attributing it to a fairly common condition that affects people 2 - 4 Months after a major stress in their lives.  With Destany dying in June & Tony dying in July . . . I guess it is inevitable.  But still . . . ARGH!

2.  The shower is where I would do a self breast exam, and the only thing that is changing is the hard lump is harder and more easily detected.  I'm guessing about 3-4 CM or "grape sized". 

I await confirmation from the state of MN that they are working on my MNCare application so that I can go to the doctor and get this THING taken care of . . .

So while I wait . . . I google.  I went through a few days of the strange sensation over and over again of the feeling that a nursing mother gets when her "Milk let's down".  Now it only happens once in a while.  Breasts are tender (hormones??) I believe I'm post menopausal . . . so I don't know about hormones.  I read somewhere in my google search that "breast cancer doesn't hurt", then read in another place "Yes it does, just depends on who you talk to".   The good news is . . . I see NO correlation between Hair Loss & Breast Cancer :-) Till you add in Chemotherapy.  (Maybe God's just getting me used to the idea." ????)

I should just UN-google for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment